Monday, August 20, 2012

A wonderful weekend!

We headed to The Woodlands the first weekend of August for the THSC (homeschool) conference. We stayed with my (Erin) Uncle Pete and Aunt Sue's house and my mom came and stayed with us. We all had an amazing weekend! The kids got lots of "Grammy time" and plenty of swimming. I was able to attend the conference all weekend - BY MYSELF!!!!! Christian came with me Thursday night and it was wonderful for him to be a part of it and get to hear the 2 speakers for the night. Both talks were amazing and encouraging. I have been to this conference 3 times now and I think this was the best one yet. Maybe it has to do with where I am now but I thought the speakers did an outstanding job and I was highly encouraged, challenged and refreshed during this time. I also walked away with some "practical" things, which was great too. Plus, after the conference I got to spend some great time with family and enjoyed some down time. I am thankful for the time we were able to "get away" and for my time at the conference, what a blessing the whole weekend was to our little family.

now for some pictures

Enjoying an evening swim in the hot tub or little pool


love him!


How can you not smile when you see this picture?


air hockey!!!!!! Elijah is quite the little player. Hudson did a fantastic job playing with him. Hudson can play a mean game of air hockey if he is trying to win


This boy *LOVES* to swim! He will just jump in the water, enjoys going under and will just float around with his water wings on. Maybe next summer he will learn to swim!


deep in conversation

2 comments:

Betty Orton said...

Love all these photos & thankful you had a great time preparing for school & getting away!

wilderlamb said...

Love the goggles and arm floats!