Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Birthday Party

We celebrated Hudson and Parker's Birthday with friends on Saturday. Since the kids birthdays are pretty close and their friends are pretty much the same we had their party together. It was low key and we had a great time. The kids played, painted and ate cake - a great time for everyone. When we first started talking about a birthday party, Parker wanted ladybug cupcakes. Hudson changed his mind a few times and then settled on a cars cake - I think he just wanted the cars. So that is what we did for them and I thought they turned out pretty good. I'm not sure what is going to happen when they want something outside my "skill" set. Oh well, at least I got away with it for this year.

This year we decided not to do gifts, so instead we asked that people would bring either a can of formula to donate to Into The Streets of Ethiopia or books to be donated to the Children's Hospital. Hudson and Parker were really excited about this and honestly, they did not seem to miss the gifts at all. This is something we are planning on continuing and when they get older they will be able to choose what organizations they would like to help. Thank you to all that came and celebrated with us and for your generous donations.








2 comments:

Carrie said...

How did I miss this one? I love your idea for birthday parties! I'm gonna pass that along.

Carrie said...

that part about the gifts. Otherwise, my comment makes very little sense. :)