Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Captivating thoughts

I'm still reading my book, "Having a Mary Spirit," I know it is taking me awhile to finish but I refuse to give up. The middle got a little slow for me, but it has been picking up in the last few days. Todays chapter was about mind control, this is a huge struggle for me and always has been. I continue to pray that God will help me realize when my thoughts are running away with me and help me get them under control. These words hit me hard today (somewhat paraphrased): Careless thinking is a dangerous habit. For as my thoughts go, so goes my emotions. And as my emotions go, so often goes my faith. If I become confused, then I can become discouraged. When I'm discouraged, then I begin to doubt. If I begin to doubt, my mind becomes distracted and that is just one step away from my heart becoming divided.

For me to be able to see the process and the destruction that can occur it has given me a new sense of urgency to take my thoughts captive. My hope is that now all that I have to do (which is much harder than those words can convey) is to let the word of Christ richly dwell within me (Colossians 3:16)

No comments: