Sunday, November 4, 2007

Goal Accomplished!!!!

So, my 1/2 marathon is over! Everything went really well. God provided us with unbelievable weather, a little warm towards the end but nothing to complain about. I ended up running the whole thing in 1 hour 57 minutes and 33 seconds.

We shall see if there are any more 1/2's in my future....the last few miles were tough and I was wondering what made me sign up, but the sense of accomplishment is great. I am not one that generally sets goals, so for me to set a goal and achieve it is a big deal. Christian has been so encouraging through this whole process and even brought Hudson to help cheer me on today. Now, I think I will go take a nap (that is if Hudson doesn't wake up for a while!)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You rock!! Congrats and get some rest.

The McKays said...

congrats! this is huge! ok, now, when I get back to running shape, i seriously want to do one with you.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.