Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hudson's Great Grandmother




Yesterday we had an incredible opportunity! On Monday, my 93 year old Grandmother (who lives in Indiana) called to tell me that she was flying to California on Wed and would have a 1 hour layover at DFW. We decided that Hudson and I would try to meet her there. I got to the airport about 45 minutes before her flight was to land, I had no idea how any of this was going to work. The whole way there I found myself praying that God would do something incredible and that everything would work out for my grandmother to see Hudson for the first time. Once I got there I went to the ticket counter and talked with one of the ladies that was in charge of the First Class checkin. I explained my situation and we talked about Hudson and her Grandniece and then the next thing I knew she handed me a pseudo boarding pass so that I could get past the security check-in. I could not believe it! I waited for Grandma at her gate and was able to greet her as they wheeled her off the plane. Had the check in lady not let me through there would not have been an opportunity for my grandmother and I to get together because we went straight to the gate of her connecting flight and they were already boarding. It was a short visit, but she had plenty of time to hold Hudson as we went all around the airport getting her to her next terminal. I feel truly blessed that Hudson had the opportunity to meet his Great Grandmother.

4 comments:

The McKays said...

oh, this is so sweet! i love that you have pics of the very special moment. props to the agent who hooked you up. great-grans are the best.

The McKays said...

and hey!!! I recognize that sweet looking taggie! :) Mags has been LOVING hers these past few weeks, like she's really discovered it. She likes to such on all the little pieces of riboon.

Christian and Erin said...

He loves his taggie! He plays/sucks on it all the time.

Vanessa Houk said...

That is a rare story these days. I flew last week and they look my brand new toothpaste away b/c it was .5 ounces too large.