Saturday, March 17, 2012

9 Flights 16 Days! Part 1

Elijah and I just returned from our trip to China! We had a fantastic time but it feels good to be back home with the rest of our family. I will post more about our trip in the next week or so, once I have pictures uploaded and when I can think clearly again - right now I have the jet lag fog swimming through my head.

As we were traveling, it struck me how strange Elijah and I might look as we traveled about. For example, not everywhere has diaper changing areas and some places did but I just didn't have the time/or feel like getting to them. With that said, here are some of the random floors/ground Elijah had his diaper changed:

Chicago airport
Shanghai airport
Fuzhou airport
Kunming airport
Lijiang airport
Chengdu airport
Tiger Leaping Gorge
Lamu Tibetan Restaurant
Mama Mias Restaurant
Oklahoma City airport parking garage

In the Chinese airports people were quite excited to watch me change his diaper and often several people would gather around. I'm sure there are also several photos of those experiences floating around China - I'm glad we could provide them with such exciting entertainment.

I will leave you with 1 picture because I know I can't talk about our trip and not include at least 1 photo....so here it is

Elijah was anxiously waiting in Shanghai for our last flight on the way there

1 comment:

Maren said...

I'm picturing somebody scrapbooking the picture they took of the kid they don't know getting changed at the airport. :) People are funny. So glad you are both home safe and can't wait to see the pictures with commentary. (Saw some pics on FB, and I suddenly have a desire to go to China.)